miércoles, enero 07, 2004

quise entrar al blog de Uncut y me mandaron a uno que no se de quien es, pero este post me gustó:

Let's dance
(inspired in part by D. Lowell's "Late Night Thoughts")
The absence of evidence that would prove
my deviant behavior is driving you mad.
You have misunderstood, compartmentalized,
trivialized me to your liking.
Now the category labeled “Nicole”
Is shattered. I continue
To reshape myself,
But you will forever put me
In an unchanging, stagnant box.
I will not let you enslave me.
I am still me.
Just because I don’t agree
With your institutions
Doesn’t mean I’m not listening and learning.
You may say what I secretly fear is true,
but you do not know me as I know myself.
I will not deny or glorify my actions;
On the contrary, I will suck up the
Consequences with pride
In knowing time will offer
More opportunities to fail
And even more chances to grow.
I am determined to embrace my values,
To observe and interpret all perspectives,
And to always live with passion.
When you attack me without reason,
I will smile, cavort, and
Thank you for the dance.
I choose to uncut,
Myself and others.
I choose life.

- Nic Stazz, 2002
Comments: Publicar un comentario

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?